You believe in organization and optimization. You have a passion for creating connected solutions. You believe in research and rigorous testing. You enjoy working with front-end and back-end developers.
Lightning Jar is a digital creative agency with offices in New York, San Antonio and Sao Paulo. We provide digital brand strategy, marketing, creative and design services for Fortune 500 companies and other top brands.
We are seeking a Freelance to Full-time Backend Developers for our New York and San Antonio office.
You must be a skilled back-end/open-source developer who possesses an in-depth knowledge of web application development. This position requires a mastery of the hands-on aspects of back-end website engineering, an ability to design and build solid architectures that integrates with other systems and technologies, and the ability to communicate these solutions to other members of the team both verbally and in written documentation. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience authoring PHP web application with an MVC framework, but will be excited to dive into other technologies should the need arise.
Overall day-to-day responsibilities include back-end engineering; the hand coding of web-based applications, web pages and APIs for mobile apps; integrating your code with other technologies; performance optimization; and working with visual designers, interaction designers, and front-end developers.
- Developing PHP/MySQL web sites/applications with the Zend Framework (MVC)
- Integrating back-end and front-end code to create Mobile First and Responsive Website Experiences
- Working with front-end developers to create seamless user experiences
- Working with other backend developer to integrate 3rd party content management systems, e-commerce platforms, and other data sources
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3+ years experience utilizing back-end technologies including PHP, Zend Framework, MySQL
- Strong working knowledge of Linux, Apache and MySQL
- Very comfortable using the command line
- Experience with distributed source control – Git / GitHub
- Exceptional time management (can meet deadlines), problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
- Ability to work in an Agile production processes (Scrum, Kanban)
- Ability to write well-commented code and documentation
- English fluency, both write and verbal.
Skills and Experiences That Are a Plus:
- Building Pimcore based web sites/applications
- Building Salesforce Canvas based web sites/applications
- Writing unit and functional tests as an integral part of your development process
- Integrating major 3rd party APIs (Facebook, Twitter, Google Maps, YouTube, etc.)
- Previous interactive marketing agency experience - working with visual designers and front-end developers
- Experience modifying and extending open-source software such as content management systems and e-commerce platforms
- Musical or other creative talents
Contract position for 3-6 months. Possibility of growth into full time position in our New York NY or San Antonio Texas office.