You believe in organization and optimization. You have a passion for user experience. You believe in research and rigorous testing. You enjoy working with designers and developers.
Lightning Jar is a digital creative agency with offices in New York, San Antonio and Sao Paulo. We provide digital brand strategy, marketing, creative and design services for Fortune 500 companies and other top brands.
We are seeking freelance iOS Developers for our Sao Paulo and san Antonio offices.
You must be a skilled iOS developer who possesses an in-depth knowledge of native iOS application development. This position requires a mastery of the hands-on aspects of iOS app engineering, an ability to design and build solid Objective C / Cocoa / UIKit based apps, and the ability to communicate these solutions to other members of the team both verbally and in written documentation. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience authoring iOS apps that leverage the UIKit + MapKit + NotificationCenter, and is excited to dive into other technologies should the need arise.
Overall day-to-day responsibilities include iOS app engineering; the hand coding of iOS applications; integrating your code with other technologies (HTTP, REST, SOAP, etc); performance optimization; and working with visual designers, interaction designers, and back-end developers.
- Developing native iOS app (Objective C / Cocoa)
- Developing and testing apps that leverage UIKit +MapKit + NotificationCenter
- Working with designers to create seamless user experiences
- Working with the back-end development team to integrate 3rd party content management systems, e-commerce platforms, and other data sources
- Contributing own sense of visual integrity, animation timing and flow
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3+ years experience utilizing Objective C / Cocoa
- 1+ years of experience with the UIKit and MapKit framework
- Solid understanding of cross-device (iPhone 5/6, iPad Air/2) issues and solutions
- Experience with distributed source control – Git / GitHub
- Ability to develop against a variety of web architectures and services (HTTP, SOAP, REST, etc)
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Comfortable using the command line
- Exceptional time management (can meet deadlines), problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
- Ability to work in an Agile production processes (Scrum, Kanban)
- Ability to write well-commented code and documentation
- English fluency, both write and verbal.
Skills and Experiences That Are a Plus:
- Building PHP/MySQL web sites/applications
- Experience integrating with web services and social platforms (XML, JSON, REST, OAuth, Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, etc)
- Previous interactive marketing agency experience - working with visual designers and back-end developers
- Musical or other creative talents