We’re seeking a talented and forward-leaning copy editor or marketing quality assurance expert.
Lightning Jar is a marketing agency that provides digital brand strategy and design services for Fortune 500 companies and other top brands.
We’re seeking a talented and forward-leaning Copy Editor and / or Marketing Quality Assurance expert to work with our digital marketing and content teams in the role of Digital Brand Experience Manager.
This new position combines and unifies several agency roles under one hat: Copy Editor, Marketing Quality Assurance, and Brand Voice Strategist.
The ideal candidate will be a recent graduate or young copy editor looking to gain experience and help pioneer an emerging new discipline in the digital economy.
A New Agency Role Combining Skill Sets
- Copy Editor
- Marketing Quality Assurance
- Brand Voice Strategist
- A recent graduate with a literature, writing, or other humanities degree
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Incredible attention to detail, takes pleasure in finding and correcting errors
- A deep interest in the mechanics of language and communication
- A ready command of the nuances of voice, tone, and character in writing
- A willingness to learn about and lead quality assurance efforts for websites, apps, and other advertising and marketing media
- A willingness to apply copy editing skills and best practices to other elements of marketing— including proofing design details, and user experience for websites, apps, and other properties
What You Will Do
- Develop digital brand voice & style guides to help clients refine and improve the way they communicate online and across channels, including web, social media, and in apps
- Correct errors in grammar, spelling, usage, style, tone & voice in copy written for websites, apps, social media, ads, infographic content, etc.
- Become immersed in the quirks, idiosyncrasies, and emerging best practices of text written in the digital age for digital mediums
- Edit and proofread copy and media at various stages in the design and development cycle
- Edit and proofread important presentations and proposals
- Log and manage copy, design, and functional issues of websites, apps, and other digital properties while they are under development
- Manage testing of digital marketing campaigns and properties across multiple devices
About our Agency
- Lightning Jar is a digital creative & marketing agency
- We are growing quickly with offices in New York and San Antonio
- We serve Fortune 500 and other top national and international brands
- We work with B2B and B2C clients across several verticals
- We donate 1% of our billable hours to pro bono projects for social good organizations
About our San Antonio Office
- Located in San Antonio in the vibrant downtown Broadway corridor, steps from the Historic Pearl Brewery & the Museum Reach of the RiverWalk
- A short walk to Local Coffee & Bakery Lorraine
- A short walk to Southerleigh Fine Food & Brewery and the Blue Box
- A short walk to La Gloria, Green, Cured, the Granary, and a long list of some of the best restaurants in San Antonio.
- Located in a dog-friendly, collaborative incubator space
- Check out Kevin Peckham's twitter campaign #210reasons to Move to San Antonio
Hiring immediately. Full, part-time, and freelance opportunities available.
Send resume & cover letter to: