Lightning Jar is a digital creative agency with offices in New York and San Antonio. We provide digital brand strategy, marketing, creative and design services for Fortune 500 companies and other top brands.
We are seeking a Quality Control Engineer for our San Antonio office.
The role entails writing test plans, testing experiences across browsers, devices and installations, tracking defects, and working with Project Managers / Producers in rolling builds out to staging and production environments. The QC Engineer will work in collaboration with our development and creative teams to communicate and document interaction and experience expectations, and to build testing into project schedules and scope. As a key advocate for QC, this person will participate in the execution of many high-profile projects across the agency.
The position requires a technically savvy person (but not necessarily a programmer / developer) to write, in an easy to understand way, test plan, training materials and user guides on how to use and test web applications and services.
- You have a thorough understanding of web technologies and browser / mobile application development and testing
- Well organized, articulate and have the ability to multi-task; must be able to prioritize and execute responsibilities effectively
- Must be technically savvy, but should *not* be a programmer / developer
- Ability to create test scenarios based on requirements and write test plans from scratch, as well as maintain and execute them.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work within and help refine current QA process, including test planning, test design, and test execution/reporting
- Investigate and log test discrepancies and bugs. Work closely with Project Managers and Developers to assist in communicating testing results and in resolving test discrepancies
- Liaise between Project Managers and technical team to assist in ensuring quality implementations throughout the entire project lifecycle
- Work with Project Managers and technical team to ensure quality control processes are followed and help fine-tune process where issues occur
- Identify and report defects to the appropriate team members, escalate critical issues, and assist with issue resolution
- Write test plans for quality assurance testing of websites and applications
- Write user guides and documentation for new releases of websites and applications
- Review and update training materials and documentation when upgrades/updates are released
- Must be able to work in a cross-functional team environment, closely interacting with project management and development teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential
- Must be able to easily convey technical information to both business and technical people
- Experience working with Agile (Scrum / Kanban) software development and testing
- Must be able to show strong QC characteristics at all levels - Requirements gathering, test methodology, execution, release.
- Have use issue/task tracking software like Jira, SifterApp or Asana
- Must have experience writing technical documentation or training materials
Education and Experience
- Minimum: Bachelors Degree
- 2+ years web/interactive experience
ABOUT OUR AGENCY
- Lightning Jar is a digital creative & marketing agency
- We are growing quickly with offices in New York and San Antonio
- We serve Fortune 500 and other top national and international brands
- We work with B2B and B2C clients across several verticals
- We donate 1% of our billable hours to pro bono projects for social good organizations
ABOUT OUR san antonio OFFICE
- Located in the vibrant downtown Broadway corridor, steps from the Historic Pearl Brewery & the Museum Reach of the RiverWalk
- A short walk to Local Coffee & Bakery Lorraine
- A short walk to Southerleigh Fine Food & Brewery and the Blue Box
- A short walk to La Gloria, Green, Cured, the Granary, and a long list of some of the best restaurants in San Antonio.
- Located in a dog-friendly, collaborative incubator space
- Check out Kevin Peckham's twitter campaign #210reasons to Move to San Antonio
Hiring immediately. Full, part-time, and freelance opportunities available.
Send resume & portfolio to: