You believe in organization and optimization. You have a passion for creating connected solutions. You believe in research and rigorous testing. You enjoy working with front-end and back-end developers.
Lightning Jar is a digital creative agency with offices in New York and San Antonio. We provide digital brand strategy, marketing, creative and design services for Fortune 500 companies and other top brands.
We are seeking a Back-end Open Source Developer for our New York and San Antonio offices.
You must be a skilled back-end/open-source developer who possesses an in-depth knowledge of web application development. This position requires a mastery of the hands-on aspects of back-end website engineering, an ability to design and build solid architectures that integrates with other systems and technologies, and the ability to communicate these solutions to other members of the team both verbally and in written documentation. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience authoring PHP web application with an MVC framework, but will be excited to dive into other technologies should the need arise.
Overall day-to-day responsibilities include front-end engineering; the hand coding of web-based applications, web pages and mobile apps; integrating your code with other technologies (REST, PHP, CMS, etc); performance optimization; and working with visual designers, interaction designers, and back-end developers.
- Developing PHP/MySQL web sites/applications with the Zend Framework (MVC) or Symfony Framework (MVC).
- Working in Rest APIs to support iOS and Android app development
- Working with front-end developers to create seamless user experiences
- Working with other back-end developers to integrate 3rd party content management systems, e-commerce platforms, and other data sources
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3+ years experience utilizing back-end technologies including PHP, Zend Framework, Symfony Framework, MySQL
- Strong working knowledge of Linux, Apache and MySQL
- Experience with distributed source control – Git / GitHub
- Very comfortable using the command line
- Exceptional time management (can meet deadlines), problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
- Ability to work in an Agile production processes (Scrum, Kanban)
- Ability to write well-commented code and documentation
- English fluency, both write and verbal.
Skills and Experiences That Are a Plus:
- Building Pimcore based web sites/applications
- Writing unit and functional tests as an integral part of your development process
- Integrating major 3rd party APIs (Facebook, Twitter, Google Maps, YouTube, etc.)
- Previous interactive marketing agency experience - working with visual designers and front-end developers
- Experience modifying and extending open-source software such as content management systems and e-commerce platforms
- Experience working with RESTful API Frameworks like Swagger
- Musical or other creative talents
Full time position in our New York NY or San Antonio Texas office.