You believe in organization and optimization. You have a passion for user experience. You believe in research and rigorous testing. You enjoy working with designers and developers.
Lightning Jar is a digital creative agency with offices in New York and San Antonio. We provide digital brand strategy, marketing, creative and design services for Fortune 500 companies and other top brands.
We are seeking a Full-stack Open Source Developer for our New York and San Antonio offices.
You must be a skilled open-source developer who possesses an in-depth knowledge of web application development. This position requires a mastery of the hands-on aspects of front-end web interface engineering, an ability to design and build solid architecture that integrate the full stack of infrastructure, data modeling, business logic and technologies, and the ability to communicate these solutions to other members of the team both verbally and in written documentation.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience authoring web and mobile application with a modern framework like React + Redux, Foundation + SASS, and is excited to dive into other technologies as the need arise.
Overall day-to-day responsibilities include front-end and back-end engineering; the hand coding of web-based applications, web pages and mobile apps; integrating your code with other technologies (REST, PHP, CMS, etc); data models (MySQL, JSON, etc); performance optimization; and working with visual designers, interaction designers, and back-end developers.
- Developing mobile apps and responsive website experiences
- Developing iOS and Android mobile apps on Cordova
- Working with designers and back-end developers to create seamless user experiences
- Working with the back-end development team to integrate 3rd party content management systems, e-commerce platforms, and other data sources
- Contributing own sense of visual integrity, animation timing and flow
Required Skills and Experience:
- Solid understanding of cross-browser / cross-device platform issues and solutions
- Experience with distributed source control – Git / GitHub
- Writing unit and functional tests as an integral part of your development process
- Comfortable using the command line
- Exceptional time management (can meet deadlines), problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
- Ability to work in an Agile production processes (Scrum, Kanban)
- Ability to write well-commented code and documentation
- English fluency, both write and verbal.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator
Skills and Experiences That Are a Plus:
- Building Zend-PHP or Symphony-PHP based web sites/applications
- Building Pimcore CMS based web sites/applications
- Integrating major 3rd party APIs (Facebook, Twitter, Google Maps, YouTube, etc.)
- Previous interactive marketing agency experience - working with visual designers and back-end developers
- Experience modifying and extending open-source software such as content management systems and e-commerce platforms
- Musical or other creative talents
Full time position in our New York NY or San Antonio Texas office.