You believe in organization and optimization. You have a passion for user experience. You believe in research and rigorous testing. You enjoy working with designers and developers.
Lightning Jar is a digital creative agency with offices in New York, San Antonio and Sao Paulo. We provide digital brand strategy, marketing, creative and design services for Fortune 500 companies and other top brands.
We are seeking a Freelance Front-end Developers for our San Antonio and Nw York offices.
You must be a skilled front-end/open-source developer who possesses an in-depth knowledge of web application development. This position requires a mastery of the hands-on aspects of front-end web interface engineering, an ability to design and build solid front-end architecture that integrates with other systems and technologies, and the ability to communicate these solutions to other members of the team both verbally and in written documentation. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience authoring web application front-ends with a modern framework like AngularJS, Foundation, SASS, AMP, Node.js and is excited to dive into other technologies should the need arise.
Overall day-to-day responsibilities include front-end engineering; the hand coding of web-based applications, web pages and mobile apps (Ionic, AngularJS); integrating your code with other technologies (REST, PHP, CMS, etc); performance optimization; and working with visual designers, interaction designers, and back-end developers.
- Developing Mobile First and Responsive Website Experiences
- Working with designers and front-end developers to create seamless user experiences
- Working with the back-end development team to integrate 3rd party content management systems, e-commerce platforms, and other data sources
- Contributing own sense of visual integrity, animation timing and flow
Required Skills and Experience:
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and solutions for responsive websites
- Experience with distributed source control – Git / GitHub
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Working knowledge of PHP, Linux, Apache and MySQL
- Comfortable using the command line
- Exceptional time management (can meet deadlines), problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
- Ability to work in an Agile production processes (Scrum, Kanban)
- Ability to write well-commented code and documentation
- English fluency, both write and verbal.
Skills and Experiences That Are a Plus:
- Building PHP/MySQL web sites/applications
- Building Pimcore based web sites/applications
- Building Salesforce Canvas based web sites/applications
- Writing unit and functional tests as an integral part of your development process
- Integrating major 3rd party APIs (Facebook, Twitter, Google Maps, YouTube, etc.)
- Previous interactive marketing agency experience - working with visual designers and back-end developers
- Experience modifying and extending open-source software such as content management systems and e-commerce platforms
- Musical or other creative talents
Contract position for 3-6 months. Possibility of growth into full time position in our New York NY or San Antonio Texas office.