Lightning Jar is a digital creative strategic digital marketing agency with offices in New York and San Antonio. We provide digital brand strategy, marketing, creative and design services for Fortune 500 companies and other top brands.
We are seeking an Information Architect & User Experience Designer for our New York office.
The ideal candidate must have at least 3+ years experience in the areas of Information Architecture, Data Analysis, and Ecommerce User Experience Architecture or Interaction Design. Must have strong attention to detail, the ability to foresee issues before they happen, and the ability to think creatively and logistically. Strong written, verbal and listening skills are imperative. Must be comfortable talking with clients, helping them identify their challenges, and provide recommendations and solutions. Empathy, patience, honesty, and curiosity essential.
The Information Architect is responsible for defining best practices for the data/content hierarchies and taxonomies, content organization, navigation, interaction design, and business/user process engineering for leading-edge e-commerce, marketing and web/app solutions. This person must be able to understand, parse, and translate complex data and usage patterns into an easy to understand user experience.
She or he will work to identify, define and organize the functionality and content into a structure that will be easily navigable for the user. This individual will also collaborate and advise the UX, Strategy and Design teams on the overall direction of website & app projects.
- Perform discovery interviews with key stakeholders
- Research and analyze audience needs, preferences, behavior and usage patterns.
- Study and understand how users consume data/content across their journey / product lifecycle.
- Research and define the architectural and information structures and features, functionality, and user-interface design.
- Identify and define content and functionality and structure the relationships between the content/functionality.
- Inventory and examine websites, app and collateral to locate and identify existing content and evaluate the overall effectiveness and relevancy of the content.
- Define user-centered relationships between existing content/data
- Standardize naming conventions to apply throughout the site
- Translate user behavior into structure and elements - prepare interaction specifications, navigation rules, organization of information, and site maps
- Be the key decision maker on overall direction, design, and structure. Provide direction to all internal contributing groups.
- Present findings to internal team and to clients
- E-commerce experiences
- Multi-channel / Omni-channel customer experiences
- Product Information Management systems
- Reporting & Analytics Websites & Web-apps
- Data Asset Management systems
- Commerce & Tracking Mobile Apps
- Sales & Operations Apps
Skills and Experiences That Are a Plus
- Utilizing Pimcore or similar platform for PIM, DAM & Omni-channel Marketing
- Supporting unit and functional tests as an integral part of your development process
- Previous interactive marketing agency experience
- Musical or other creative talents