We’re seeking a full-time UX team leader to work out of our dog-friendly San Antonio office. You will be responsible for recruiting, overseeing, mentoring and developing members of our User Experience team, developing and refining our UX processes, choosing and standardizing the tools that our UX team uses, staying current with User Experience trends and best practices and advocating at all times for users and the principles of excellent user experience as you lead the team in tackling UX challenges big and small for a wide array of clients.
Skills & Experience
- 6+ years of UXD experience in an agency environment. 2+ years experience managing other resources.
- Experience designing complex solutions for digital environments
- Experience designing enterprise-level websites and mobile app solutions
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be excited to mentor and grow a team, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Recruiting, growing, and managing a distributed team of UX Designers
- Refining and standardizing UX processes within the agency
- Working to maintain high quality standards for all UX team work and deliverables
- Working closely with other agency leaders to optimize the way that teams collaborate
- Working closely with clients, as you help pitch, strategize and execute great user experiences
- Facilitate client’s product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products, websites and mobile apps
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Mentoring team members as they design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Educating clients and other teams about evolving trends and standards in UX
- A hybrid creative & analytical mind
- A dynamic leader with a passion for mentoring
- A vocal advocate for the principles of quality user experience
- A passionate advocate for users
- A curious person who is continuously learning
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Musicians, poets, writers and dog lovers encouraged to apply
Interested in this opportunity? Please send your resume, portfolio, and a letter describing your working, learning and communication styles to: email@example.com